Mother’s Day in the UK this year is on Sunday 22nd March – are you stuck for a gift idea or things to do on Mother’s Day with your lovely mum?
Good Journey, a non-profit that encourages car-free travel, has very kindly listed a Go Cotswolds tour as their top pick for Things To Do on Mother’s Day, so here you can find out more!
Why not treat her to a Go Cotswolds tour?
We still have some availability for our Cotswolds Day Tour on Mother’s Day itself, Sunday 22nd March, and good availability for many of our tours in March, April and beyond!
Alternatively, if your mum is a fan of good food, good drink and beautiful English countryside, how about booking her on our Brewery & Pub Tour on Saturday 21st March (and every Saturday until mid-December)?
What’s included on a Cotswolds Day Tour?
The day begins with a pick-up in our comfortable touring minibus from any address in Stratford-upon-Avon (e.g. a hotel, Airbnb, Bed & Breakfast or a private address), or from Stratford-upon-Avon railway station, making it an easy day trip from Birmingham!
We’ll then take you on a full day tour of some our favourite places in the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty:
- The charming “wool town” of Chipping Campden, with its gorgeous Cotswolds stone buildings, grand churches, thatched cottages, boutique shops and independent cafés and tearooms
- The stunning viewpoint at Dover’s Hill, the ideal place to learn all about the Cotswolds way of life, and some of our wacky traditions!
- The quirky little castle on the hill, Broadway Tower, designed by famed landscaper Capability Brown, with impressive views across England and Wales
- The Cotswolds market town of Stow-on-the-Wold, ideal for exploring and shopping, and where you can take lunch in one of several lovely eateries (lunch is not included in the tour, but we’ll let you know our favourite places!)
- Beautiful Bibury, heralded by poet William Morris as “the most beautiful village in England”
- And lastly, Bourton-on-the-Water, our “Venice of the Cotswolds”, which spans the banks of the pretty River Windrush
Book your tickets online here: https://www.gocotswolds.co.uk/product/cotswolds-day-tour/
What’s included on a Brewery & Pub Tour?
Pick-up points for this tour, which takes place every Saturday (March to December) are at Stratford-upon-Avon rail station, and Moreton-in-Marsh rail station, so it’s ideal for locals and visitors alike!
During the day, you’ll visit several wonderful, award-winning places in and around the Cotswolds, all linked by good old British-brewed beer:
- Enjoy a 90-minute tour at multi-award-winning Purity Brewing Co., a successful, eco-conscious craft beer producer in the heart of the Warwickshire countryside. Of course, you’ll also have ample opportunity to taste a pint or two!
- Have a delicious lunch (included in the tour price!) at the historic Fleece Inn, located in the pretty Worcestershire village of Bretforton, on the edge of the Cotswolds. Originally built in the 15th Century, The Fleece is now owned by the National Trust to ensure its preservation – the landlord and his team have plenty of stories to tell!
- Visit the charming Cotswolds “wool town” of Chipping Campden where you can, if you wish, continue your ale trail in one or more of Chipping Campden’s 5 lovely pubs, or take a stroll around the town for shopping, coffee, art galleries, and to see fine examples of Cotswolds architecture and thatched cottages
- Before heading back to the drop-off points, round off your day in the pretty Cotswolds village of Ebrington where roaring fireplace (or sunny beer garden!) at The Ebrington Arms will invite you in
Tickets for this tour can be purchased here: https://www.gocotswolds.co.uk/product/purity-brewery-and-pub-tour/