If you’re planning on joining our Cotswolds Day Tour by driving to one of our pick-up locations, here is everything you should need to know…
Pick up locations
We pick up for our Cotswolds Day Tours from four locations:
- Leamington Spa
- Chipping Campden
If you have your own vehicle, you can join our tour by driving to one of these pick-up locations. See below for further details of how to arrive by car.
If you are planning to take a taxi, we strongly recommend that you book this in advance.
Driving to Stratford-upon-Avon
- The best place to park your car in Stratford-upon-Avon is at Bridgeway multi-storey car park. From there, walk across the road to the Crowne Plaza hotel, where the tour departs at approximately 9.00am on Wednesdays, Thursdays*, Fridays and Saturdays*, and at 9.15am on Sundays.
- Bridgeway car park address: Bridgeway, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 6YX.
- Bridgeway car park uses an automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) system – your car registration number will be recorded when you enter the car park. Then, when you return to your car after your tour, enter your registration number into the ticket machine and pay for your parking before you exit.
- Crowne Plaza Hotel address: Bridge Foot, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 6YR.
Driving to Moreton-in-Marsh
- Our tour departs from Moreton-in-Marsh rail station at 9.45am on Wednesdays, Thursdays*, Fridays and Saturdays*, and at 10.00am on Sundays.
- Moreton-in-Marsh rail station address: Station Road, Moreton-in-Marsh GL56 0AA.
- You can often find free street parking along Moreton-in-Marsh’s High Street.
- Alternatively, there is a pay-and-display car park at Old Market Way (address: Station Road, Moreton-in-Marsh, GL56 0JY), which is a 2 minute walk from the station.
- There is also a car park at the station, but the Old Market Way car park is cheaper.
Driving to Leamington Spa
- Our tour departs from Leamington Spa rail station at 8.35am on Wednesdays, Thursdays*, Fridays and Saturdays*, and at 9.00am on Sundays.
- Leamington Spa station address: Old Warwick Road, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV31 3NS.
- There is a car park at Leamington Spa station – pay for your parking before you leave your car using cash or credit/debit card at the station ticket counter or at one of the ticket machines.
Driving to Chipping Campden
- Our tour begins from the bus stop on Chipping Campden High Street at 10.00am on Wednesdays, Thursdays*, Fridays and Saturdays*, and at 10.15am on Sundays.
- The bus stop is located outside Chipping Campden Library (address: High St, Chipping Campden GL55 6AT) and is adjacent to The Noel Arms Hotel.
- You can sometimes find free street parking along Chipping Campden’s High Street, or along a back road called Back Ends.
- Alternatively, there is a small pay-and-display car park at Market Square (address: Market Square, Chipping Campden GL55 6AW), which is diagonally opposite the bus stop.
Returning to your car
At the end of the tour, we return to our pick-up locations at approximately the following times (both weekdays and weekend tours):
- Moreton-in-Marsh: 5.00pm
- Chipping Campden: 5.15pm
- Stratford-upon-Avon: 5.30pm
- Leamington Spa: 6.15pm
These times are usually the latest times we will return to these locations. In case of heavy traffic or other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, we can never 100% guarantee to be back on time, but it’s not usually a problem!
Need help joining a tour from a different location?
If you need help joining our tour from a different location, check our other help pages for journeys originating in: London, Oxford, Birmingham, Leamington Spa, Stratford-upon-Avon, Moreton-in-Marsh, Chipping Campden, Bath, Bourton-on-the-Water, Bristol, Cheltenham, Coventry, Gloucester, Guildford, Reading, Southampton, Stow-on-the-Wold or Worcester.
Please check our FAQs page, but if you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, just send us an email and we’ll be pleased to help! You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the contact form here.
The information we have provided here, in good faith, is correct at the time of writing (updated: November 2019). Ultimately, it is your responsibility to reach the pick-up location at the stated time. In the event of delayed or cancelled public transport, we at Go Cotswolds will do our utmost to make sure that you can still join the tour, even if it means you join a little late. However, in line with our terms and conditions (which you must agree to when you book a ticket with us), Go Cotswolds accepts no responsibility, and will provide no refund or compensation for tours missed through no fault of our own, including delayed, cancelled or missed public transport. We recommend that you take out suitable travel insurance to cover you in this eventuality.
*Tours operate on Thursdays and Saturdays between May and September only.
Featured image: Oliver Mallich (CCBYND2.0)