On Wednesdays, Thursdays* and Fridays:
- We recommend you take the 07.25 train from Birmingham Snow Hill. This train also stops at Birmingham Moor Street, departing at 07.28. The train arrives at Stratford-upon-Avon at 08.23.
- The tour departs from Stratford-upon-Avon station at approximately 09.00. Please be ready to depart 10 minutes before this time.
*Thursday tours operate between May and September only.
- We recommend you take the 07.58 train from Birmingham Snow Hill. This train also calls at Birmingham Moor Street, where it departs at 08.01. The train arrives at Stratford-upon-Avon at 08.41.
- The tour departs from Stratford-upon-Avon station at approximately 09.00. Please be ready to depart 10 minutes before this.
*Saturday tours operate between May and September only.
- Take the 08.37 train from Birmingham Snow Hill, arriving at Stratford-upon-Avon at 09.11. The tour departs from Stratford-upon-Avon station at 09.15.
Note that the above train goes directly from Birmingham Snow Hill to Stratford-upon-Avon – it does not stop at any other Birmingham stations.
Though we recommend you take the Stratford-upon-Avon route from Birmingham, it is also possible to take the 08.25 train from Birmingham Moor Street, arriving at Leamington Spa at 08.57. The tour departs from Leamington Spa at 9.00am. We cannot wait for you longer than a few minutes if this train is delayed.
Please note that we offer a pick-up service from Leamington Spa on Sundays only.
Returning to Birmingham
We recommend that you purchase a flexible “anytime return” rail ticket that allows you to take any return train to Birmingham on your chosen route. However, you may wish to book a specific return train in advance. If so, bear in mind that we aim to return to the following stations at the following times (on both weekday and weekend tours):
- Stratford-upon-Avon: 17.45
- Leamington Spa (Sundays only): 18.15
These times are usually the latest times we will return to these stations. In case of heavy traffic or other unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, we can never 100% guarantee to be back on time, but it is usually safe to book a return train after these times.
Train times and fares
Up-to-date information on timetables and ticket prices across the British rail network can be found on the National Rail Enquiries website: www.nationalrail.co.uk.
Train timetables can occasionally change – for example, because of planned or unplanned engineering works, public holidays or special events – so please ensure you double check the train times before you travel.
In the UK, train seats do not sell out, but tickets generally get more expensive closer to the date of travel. Please check the price of the train fare before you book your Cotswolds Day Tour.
Need help joining a tour from a different location?
Check our other help pages on joining a tour from London, Oxford, Leamington Spa, Stratford-upon-Avon, Moreton-in-Marsh, Chipping Campden, Bath, Bourton-on-the-Water, Bristol, Cheltenham, Coventry, Gloucester, Guildford, Reading, Southampton, Stow-on-the-Wold or Worcester.
If you plan on driving to one of our pick-up locations, please see here for more information: https://www.gocotswolds.co.uk/drivingdirections/.
Please check our FAQs page, but if you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, just send us an email and we’ll be pleased to help! You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the contact form here.
The information we have provided here, in good faith, is correct at the time of writing (updated: 27 February 2020). Ultimately, it is your responsibility to reach the pick-up location at the stated time. In the event that your train is delayed or cancelled, we at Go Cotswolds will do our utmost to make sure that you can still join the tour, even if it means you join a little late. However, in line with our terms and conditions (which you must agree to when you book a ticket with us), Go Cotswolds accepts no responsibility, and will provide no refund or compensation for tours missed through no fault of our own, including delayed, cancelled or missed trains. We recommend that you take out suitable travel insurance to cover you in this eventuality.