Stratford-upon-Avon is not only a great town to use as a base for exploring the Cotswolds on a day tour with Go Cotswolds it’s also a fantastic town with many great things to see and do.
I’m sure you’ve all heard of William Shakespeare; well, he was born in Stratford-upon-Avon, went to school there and lived there for many years of his life! He’s certainly made his mark on the town and with a wealth of Shakespearean history, theatres, riverside parks and many other tourists attractions it’s a fantastic place to spend a short break or a long weekend. And that’s not even mentioning the brilliant pubs, restaurants and eateries we have here too!
We love being tourists in our home town of Stratford-upon-Avon (when we get the opportunity) and when we do we try and write a blog post about it. You can some of these blog posts here:
Things to do in Stratford-upon-Avon
The attractions/tours listed below are all based in the town (or are within walking distance of the town centre) and are paid for attractions. If you’d like to know our own personal recommendations then please e-mail us and we’ll give you our local knowledge! 🙂
- Avon Boating – river Avon cruises and boat hire.
- Bancroft Cruisers – daily river Avon boat cruises with live guides.
- Butterfly Farm – 100s of the world’s butterflies flying in an indoor exotic environment.
- Canal and River Tours – tours on the river Avon beginning in the canal basin.
- City Sightseeing – short hop-on hop-off open top bus tour of Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Holy Trinity Church – Stratford’s Church of England church and location of William Shakespeare’s grave.
- The MAD Museum – the Mechanical Art and Design Museum.
- Royal Shakespeare Company (The RSC) – theatre productions, backstage tours and the tower with panoramic views of Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Shakespeare’s Houses – Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Anne Hathaway’s Cottage, New Place, Nash’s House, Harvard House.
- Shakespeare’s Schoolroom and Guildhall – The Schoolroom where Shakespeare studied and the Guildhall.
- Stratford Town Walk – daily town walks at 11am from the Swan Fountain opposite Sheep Street.
- STMO’S Magic Alley – an enchanted world of wizardry .
- Tudor World – Tudor museum and Shakespeare-themed tours.