Escape the city and take a Cotswolds tour from Birmingham with us
Did you know, it’s really easy to take a Cotswolds tour from Birmingham? And it doesn’t have to cost a fortune, either! If you’re visiting Birmingham, why not take a trip out to the Cotswolds with us while you’re here?
We love Birmingham. Its rich history, incredible architecture, superb shopping and dining are all fantastic reasons to stay in England’s second city. But there’s no doubt that a day out in the fresh, countryside air is good for the soul. A change of scene is good!
If you live in Birmingham, or are visiting or studying in ‘Brum’, then how about taking a Cotswolds tour from Birmingham? Simply hop on the train at Birmingham Moor Street or Birmingham Snow Hill train station, hop off at Stratford-upon-Avon, and let Go Cotswolds do the rest.
5 reasons to take a Go Cotswolds tour from Birmingham
1. Go car-free with a Cotswolds tour from Birmingham by train and minibus
You don’t need a car to join a Go Cotswolds tour from Birmingham – simply hop on the train at either Birmingham Moor Street or Birmingham Snow Hill train station. In less than 1 hour, you’ll arrive in Shakespeare’s home town, Stratford-upon-Avon.
From Stratford-upon-Avon train station, it’s just a 5-10 minute walk to our pick up point at Shakespeare’s Birthplace Coach Terminal (see here for Google Maps walking directions). From here, your Go Cotswolds tour guide will pick you up in one of our comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned minibuses.
2. Have a great time, and save money – our guided tours are fun, friendly and affordable
There are some tour guides who can offer you a private Cotswolds tour from Birmingham, but with a price tag of £400+ per day, this can be an expensive day out. Solo travellers, students, or couples on a budget don’t always have that sort of money, so small group tours like ours are ideal!
If you take a Go Cotswolds tour, then you’ll visit the best spots in the Cotswolds in a day. We have a maximum group size of just 16 people and our prices start from just £58.30 per adult. With one of our friendly local guides to show you around, you’ll feel like you’re sightseeing with friends.
3. See Stratford-upon-Avon and the Cotswolds in one short break
Come for the Cotswolds, stay for the Shakespeare! Rather than just a day trip from Birmingham, why not make a short break of it and combine your trip with a stay in Stratford-upon-Avon too?
- Take the train from Birmingham to Stratford-upon-Avon for one of our tours, and bring your luggage with you.
- Take one of our award-winning day tours of the Cotswolds – we have a large luggage compartment on our minibuses, so storing your bags during the tour is no problem at all.
- At the end of the tour, we’ll drop you back at Shakespeare’s Birthplace Coach Terminal – it’s a short from here to most accommodation providers in the town!
4. Support a local, family-run business – we know our stuff!
Tom and Lisa, the owners of Go Cotswolds, are a husband-and-wife team. They live in a small town near Stratford-upon-Avon, so are just minutes away from the Cotswolds.
Tom has lived in the Stratford area all his life, and even went to the same school as William Shakespeare himself. (However, he would like it to be known that he was not there at the same time…!) With active, outdoorsy parents, Tom grew up with the Cotswolds as his ‘back yard’, so he knows it very well indeed.
We work with a small team of fantastic guides, who all live in the local area too. So, when you book a tour direct with Go Cotswolds, you’re contributing to a family business and supporting the local economy.
5. Come back and see us again! Different tours make different experiences
We have 2 different small group tours of the Cotswolds available, and we have more routes planned for the future. If you visit often, then you can take a different Cotswolds tour from Birmingham and have different experiences each time.