- Want to get off the tourist trail?
- Traveling alone, with a partner, or a small group?
- Looking for an affordable, car-free option?
Then our Secret Cotswolds tour is for you!
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly, shared small-group guided tour then look no further than Go Cotswolds – we’re one of the ONLY tour companies in and around the Cotswolds who can meet this need. On our brand NEW Secret Cotswolds tour, you’ll explore better-known Broadway and Burford, but also escape the crowds to some stunning little villages full of traditional Cotswold charm.
Our Secret Cotswolds tour is fantastic as a stand-alone tour, but is also great paired with our classic ‘Cotswolds in a Day‘ tour for a comprehensive two-day itinerary! Book as a package and save 10%!
Itinerary for the Secret Cotswolds tour:
After joining the tour from either Stratford-upon-Avon (8.50AM) or Moreton-in-Marsh (9.30AM), you’ll visit the following locations (timings are approximate and may vary):
- The Rollright Stones (35 minutes). The Cotswolds’ very own ancient stone circle – a ‘mini Stonehenge’ – is a fascinating place to start your tour. Discover Olde English myths and legends, and drink in panoramic views across the Cotswolds countryside.
- En route to our next stop, enjoy a scenic drive (approx 40 minutes) through the picturesque countryside made famous by the TV show ‘Clarkson’s Farm’* and discover tiny Cotswold villages far off the beaten track.
- Burford (1 hour). This vibrant, authentic Cotswold market town is a wonderful place for you to learn about the history of the area, photograph classic Cotswold cottages, and seek out delicious homemade cake.
- Broadway (1 hour 20 minutes). Perhaps not-so-secret, but the ‘Jewel in the Cotswolds Crown’ is not to be missed! Browse art galleries, support independent retailers, and admire gorgeous traditional cottages. Get a grab-and-go lunch so you’ll have time to explore properly – though the fantastic independent tea rooms and cafes can be hard to resist!
- Stanton (30 minutes). Fall in love with the quiet, charming village of Stanton, which is regularly voted as one of the most beautiful and unspoilt villages in the Cotswolds.
- Guiting Power (30 minutes). Shhh… don’t tell anyone, otherwise this will become the next tourist trap! Gorgeous, remote and unspoilt, Guiting Power provides you with a slice of genuine Cotswolds countryside life.
*Please note that while this tour passes through farmland owned by Jeremy Clarkson, you won’t pass or stop at Diddly Squat Farm Shop. Queues for the farm shop can be hours long, and there just isn’t time to visit on a one-day tour!
Pick up times and locations:
- 08.50: Stratford-upon-Avon – Shakespeare’s Birthplace Coach Terminal, Windsor Street, Stratford-upon-Avon
- 09.30: Moreton-in-Marsh – Moreton-in-Marsh train station (wait in the car park near the ticket office)
If you would like to change your pick up point after booking, you can do so using the ‘Manage this booking’ link in your confirmation email, or by contacting Go Cotswolds. If you’re not sure which pick up point to choose, please ask!
Drop-off times and locations:
- 17.00 – Moreton-in-Marsh train station
- 17.30 – Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare’s Birthplace Coach Terminal
If you would like to be picked up in Stratford-upon-Avon and dropped off in Moreton-in-Marsh, or vice versa, no problem!
From London (Paddington station), Reading, Oxford, Charlbury, Kingham, Honeybourne, Evesham or Worcester, take a direct train to Moreton-in-Marsh. We’ll pick you up from right outside Moreton-in-Marsh train station.
From Birmingham, take a direct train to Stratford-upon-Avon – our pick up point is just a 5-10 minute walk from Stratford-upon-Avon train station. (See this Google Map for walking directions.)
We always recommend you buy a flexible ‘anytime’ ticket that allows you to take any train. The times stated above are usually the latest we expect to get to the drop-off points – we are often a few minutes earlier, but we can never 100% guarantee this. If you have a flexible ticket, then you can take an earlier train and won’t have to wait around.
However, if you wish to book a particular train to take advantage of cheaper ‘advance single’ tickets, then we recommend you plan to depart after the drop-off times stated above.
We recommend The Trainline* for online train ticket bookings. Book tickets 6-8 weeks ahead of the travel date for the best prices.
What to wear?
Please dress in comfortable clothes that are appropriate for the weather conditions. Bring a raincoat or umbrella if it’s raining, and a hat, water and sunscreen if it’s hot. Wear comfortable shoes.
- Transport in an executive class, air-conditioned 16-passenger seat Mercedes minibus.
- Plenty of free time, so you can explore several places in the Cotswolds in one day.
- Souvenir booklets containing maps, photographs and information. We’ve highlighted our recommended things to see and do at each stop, so you can make the most of your free time.
- Expert insights from one of our fun, friendly driver-guides. All of our guides are locals, so we’ll bring the story of the Cotswolds to life.
What’s not included?
- Lunch and refreshments – bring your own picnic, or purchase food and drinks at the stops on the tour.
Cancellation policy, terms and conditions:
Our Secret Cotswolds tour may be amended, or cancelled for a full refund, up to 24 hours before departure. No refunds are given for no-shows or cancellations made within 24 hours of the tour start time.
We’re sorry, children under 3 are not permitted on this tour.
Click here for our Terms and Conditions.