This Cotswolds walking tour operates on Wednesdays and Sundays between May and October.
- Stratford-upon-Avon: your address (e.g. hotel, B&B, home) or Stratford-upon-Avon train station. If you’re visiting from Birmingham, then take the train to meet us here!
- Moreton-in-Marsh train station. If you’re visiting from London, Reading or Oxford, then take the train to meet us here!
- Chipping Campden town centre bus stop
- Leamington Spa train station (Sundays only)
The tour starts at approx:
- 08.30 – Leamington Spa train station (Sundays only)
- 09.00–09.10 – Stratford-upon-Avon train station and accommodation providers
- 09.45 – Moreton-in-Marsh train station
- 10.00 – Chipping Campden town centre bus stop
Tour finishes at approx:
- 16.45 – Chipping Campden town centre bus stop (17.00 on Sundays)
- 17.00 – Moreton-in-Marsh train station (17.15 on Sundays)
- 17.30 – Stratford-upon-Avon (17.45 on Sundays)
- 18.15 – Leamington Spa train station (Sundays only)
If you are travelling by train or other public transport, then we always recommend you purchase a flexible ticket that allows you to return on any train.
- £50 – Adults (16+)
- £40 – Children (0-15). Not recommended for children under 8. Please ask if you are in any doubt.
Please note: Our minibuses are licensed to carry a maximum of 16 passengers, which must include any children or babies in your group. See our Terms & Conditions for special conditions relating to children under 3 years old.
Itinerary (timings approximate):
- Walk to Broadway Tower (1.6 km/1 miles, allowing 40 minutes). Your guide will lead you along the Cotswold Way National Trail, through ancient woodland and across gentle rolling countryside to Broadway Tower, on top of the second highest point in the Cotswolds.
- Broadway Tower. Take your time to admire the views across the Cotswolds, and see if you can spot the herd of resident red deer. There’s a coffee shop, gift shop and toilets here, and for an extra fee, you can also climb the Tower if you wish.
- Broadway. Walk back to the minibus with your guide (1.6km/1 mile). Or, if you’re feeling energetic, then continue your walk down the hill, following The Cotswold Way National Trail (2.4 km/1.5 miles). Either way, you’ll arrive in the lovely village of Broadway, where you can enjoy free time (1 hour minimum, usually 1 hour 15-30 mins) for lunch and shopping.
- Circular walk along the Windrush Valley to secluded Cotswolds villages (4.5km/2.75km, allowing 1 hour 30 minutes)*. Your guide will lead you onto the peaceful trails of the Windrush Valley. On the way, you’ll visit the site of a medieval village and two other off-the-beaten track Cotswolds villages. One of these villages has connections to both Downton Abbey and the notorious Mitford sisters!
- Burford. Returning to the minibus, you’ll take a short journey to Burford where you will enjoy some free time (1 hour). Here you can explore, shop, or simply unwind in one of the many pubs and cafes after a busy day on your feet.
*Those wishing to skip this walk have the option of spending the afternoon in Burford instead. Please communicate this with your guide on the day if you wish to do this.
This Cotswolds walking tour includes:
- Transport in a comfortable, air-conditioned 16-passenger seat minibus.
- Two easy guided walks so you can experience the peace and tranquillity of the Cotswolds on foot.
- Maps of Broadway and Burford. We’ve highlighted our recommended things to see and do, so you can make the most of your free time.
- Expert insights from one of our friendly driver-guides. All of our guides are locals, so we’ll bring the story of the Cotswolds to life.
Not included in this Cotswolds walking tour:
- Lunch and refreshments, so bring your own picnic, or purchase food and drinks at the stops on the tour
Additional information for the Cotswolds walking tour:
- You don’t need specialist hiking boots for this tour, but please wear comfortable, flat shoes. Trainers/sneakers or trail shoes are good. Paths are mostly flat, with some small hills, and are a mixture of gravel track, woodland trail, grassy fields and sealed roads. Depending on the weather, paths can be wet, muddy, slippery, and uneven. If you are in any doubt as to whether this tour is suitable for you, please just ask.
Terms and conditions:
Click here for our Terms and Conditions