This tour includes an optional Cotswolds walking tour and operates on Wednesdays and Sundays between May and October
- Stratford-upon-Avon: your address (e.g. hotel, B&B, home) or Stratford-upon-Avon train station. If you’re visiting from Birmingham, then take the train to meet us here!
- Moreton-in-Marsh train station. If you’re visiting from London, Reading or Oxford, then take the train to meet us here!
- Chipping Campden town centre bus stop
- Leamington Spa train station (Sundays only)
Tour starts at approx:
- 08.30 – Leamington Spa train station (Sundays only)
- 09.00 – Stratford-upon-Avon
- 09.45 – Moreton-in-Marsh train station
- 10.00 – Chipping Campden town centre bus stop
Tour finishes at approx:
- 16.45 – Chipping Campden town centre bus stop
- 17.00 – Moreton-in-Marsh train station
- 17.30 – Stratford-upon-Avon
- 18.00 – Leamington Spa train station (Sundays only)
- £45 – Adults (16+)
- £35 – Children (8-16). Children must be accompanied by a fare-paying adult. Kindly note that the walking element of this tour means it is not suitable for small children, so please ask if you are in any doubt.
Itinerary (timings approximate):
- Walk to Broadway Tower (2.5 km/1.6 miles, allowing 45 minutes). Your guide will lead you through ancient woodland and across gentle rolling countryside to Broadway Tower, on top of the second highest point in the Cotswolds.
- Broadway Tower (40 minutes free time). Admire far-reaching views across the Cotswolds and see if you can spot the herd of resident red deer. There’s a coffee shop, gift shop and toilets here, and for an extra fee, you can also climb the Tower if you wish.
- Broadway. Walk back to the minibus with your guide, or if you’re feeling energetic, continue your walk down the hill, following The Cotswold Way National Trail (4 km/2.5 miles). Either way, you’ll arrive in the lovely village of Broadway, where you can enjoy free time (up to 1 hour 30 mins) for lunch and shopping.
- Bourton-on-the-Water. If you’ve had enough walking for the day, stay and soak up the energy and beauty of this picture-postcard village. It’s known as the “Venice of the Cotswolds” for the pretty river running through the centre (up to 2.5 hours free time).
- Circular walk to Lower and Upper Slaughter (4.5 miles, allowing 1 hour 45 minutes). For those with some miles still in their legs, accompany your guide on a circular Cotswolds walking tour. Starting and ending in Bourton-on-the-Water, you’ll visit Lower Slaughter, the “most romantic village in England”, and the equally pretty Upper Slaughter.
This Cotswolds walking tour includes:
- Transport in a comfortable, air-conditioned 16-passenger seat minibus
- One easy guided walk (2.5 km/1.6 miles, allowing 45 minutes)
- Two further optional walks (Broadway Tower to Broadway, one way, 4 km/2.5 miles down hill; and Bourton-on-the-Water, Lower and Upper Slaughter, circular walk, 4.5 miles), so you can explore the Cotswolds on foot
- Maps of Broadway and Bourton-on-the-Water. We’ve highlighted our recommended things to see and do, so you can make the most of your free time.
- Expert insights from one of our friendly driver-guides. All of our guides are locals, so we’ll bring the story of the Cotswolds to life.
Not included in this Cotswolds walking tour:
- Lunch and refreshments, so bring your own picnic, or purchase food and drinks at the stops on the tour
Additional information for the Cotswolds walking tour:
- Specialist hiking boots are not necessary for the walks on this tour, but please wear comfortable, flat shoes. Trainers/sneakers or trail shoes are good. Paths are mostly flat, with some small hills, and are a mixture of gravel track, woodland trail, grassy fields and sealed roads. Depending on the weather, paths can be wet, muddy, slippery, and uneven. If you are in any doubt as to whether this tour is suitable for you, please just ask.
Terms and conditions:
Click here for our Terms and Conditions