- Are you new to the Cotswolds or just have a day to spare?
- Traveling alone, with a partner, or a small group?
- Looking for an affordable, car-free option?
Then this is the tour of the Cotswolds for you!
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly, shared small-group guided tour then look no further than Go Cotswolds – we’re one of the ONLY tour companies in and around the Cotswolds who can meet this need. On our award-winning Cotswolds in a Day tour, you’ll explore the best of the Cotswolds in just one day.
Have 2 days in the Cotswolds? Take our Cotswolds in a Day tour one day, and our Secret Cotswolds tour another day for a comprehensive two-day north Cotswolds tour itinerary. Book as a package and save 10%! (Secret Cotswolds is available from Easter 2024.)
Itinerary for this tour:
After picking you up from either Stratford-upon-Avon (8.50AM) or Moreton-in-Marsh (9.30AM), you’ll visit the following locations (timings are approximate and may vary):
- Dover’s Hill (20 minutes). A wonderful viewpoint at the northernmost end of the Cotswold Hills. Take in panoramic countryside views and enjoy an introduction to the Cotswolds, as well as some of our more quirky traditions!
- Chipping Campden (1 hour). Many of the buildings in this beautiful, historic town date from the 14th to the 17th Century. Chipping Campden is also the start point of the famous Cotswold Way trail. Use our unique maps, so you can explore our recommended things to see and do.
- Snowshill (20 minutes). This tiny hillside village is off the main tourist trail, but many people agree it’s the highlight of the tour!
- Stow-on-the-Wold (1 hour 10 minutes). A bustling Cotswolds market town, steeped in history and with wonderful independent shops to discover. Don’t miss the famous ‘Tolkien door’! Get a grab-and-go lunch so you’ll have time to explore properly – though the fantastic independent tea rooms and cafes can be hard to resist!
- Bibury (30 minutes). Home to the iconic ‘Arlington Row’ of chocolate-box cottages, tiny Bibury has been described as “the prettiest village in England”, so will you agree?
- Bourton-on-the-Water (45 minutes). A beautiful village where pretty Cotswold stone bridges cross the crystal waters of the River Windrush.
Pick up times and locations:
- 08.50: Stratford-upon-Avon – Shakespeare’s Birthplace Coach Terminal, Windsor Street, Stratford-upon-Avon
- 09.30: Moreton-in-Marsh – Moreton-in-Marsh train station (wait in the car park near the ticket office)
If you would like to change your pick up point after booking, you can do so using the ‘Manage this booking’ link in your confirmation email, or by contacting Go Cotswolds. If you’re not sure which pick up point to choose, please ask!
Drop-off times and locations:
- 17.00 – Moreton-in-Marsh train station
- 17.30 – Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare’s Birthplace Coach Terminal
If you would like to be picked up in Stratford-upon-Avon and dropped off in Moreton-in-Marsh, or vice versa, no problem!
From London (Paddington station), Reading, Oxford, Charlbury, Kingham, Honeybourne, Evesham or Worcester, take a direct train to Moreton-in-Marsh. We’ll pick you up from right outside Moreton-in-Marsh train station.
From Birmingham, take a direct train to Stratford-upon-Avon – our pick up point is just a 5-10 minute walk from Stratford-upon-Avon train station. (See this Google Map for walking directions.)
We always recommend you buy a flexible ‘anytime’ ticket that allows you to take any train. The times stated above are usually the latest we expect to get to the drop-off points – we are often a few minutes earlier, but we can never 100% guarantee this. If you have a flexible ticket, then you can take an earlier train and won’t have to wait around.
However, if you wish to book a particular train to take advantage of cheaper ‘advance single’ tickets, then we recommend you plan to depart after the drop-off times stated above.
We recommend The Trainline* for online train ticket bookings. Book train tickets 6-8 weeks ahead of the travel date for the best prices.
What to wear?
Please dress in comfortable clothes that are appropriate for the weather conditions. Bring a raincoat or umbrella if it’s raining, and a hat, water and sunscreen if it’s hot. Wear comfortable shoes.
- Transport in an executive class, air-conditioned 16-passenger seat Mercedes minibus.
- Plenty of free time, so you can explore several places in the Cotswolds in one day.
- Souvenir booklets containing maps, photographs and information. We’ve highlighted our recommended things to see and do at each stop, so you can make the most of your free time.
- Expert insights from one of our fun, friendly driver-guides. All of our guides are locals, so we’ll bring the story of the Cotswolds to life.
What’s not included?
- Lunch and refreshments – bring your own picnic, or purchase food and drinks at the stops on the tour.
Cancellation policy, terms and conditions:
Our Cotswolds in a Day tour may be amended, or cancelled for a full refund, up to 24 hours before departure. No refunds are given for no-shows or cancellations made within 24 hours of the tour start time.
We’re sorry, children under 3 are not permitted on this tour.
Click here for our Terms and Conditions.