Go Cotswolds Terms and Conditions
First things first…
By making a purchase from this website, you agree that you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions below, and accept them on behalf of yourself and all persons included in your booking (your party). If you have any questions or queries about them then please do contact us before you book.
SMALL GROUP TOURS, PRIVATE TOURS AND PRIVATE VEHICLE HIRE
By ‘small-group tours‘, we mean our Cotswolds in a Day, Cotswolds Trail and Villages, and Brewery, Pub Lunch and The Cotswolds tours, where tickets are sold in advance on a per-person, first-come first-served basis.
Booking and payment
- Full payment is required at booking. We accepts credit/debit card payment via our third-party payment servers Stripe and PayPal.
- For our Cotswolds in a Day or Cotswolds Trails and Villages tours, an adult ticket must be purchased for persons aged 16 years and over, and a child ticket must be purchased for children aged 0–16. Children under the age of 3 will only be permitted to travel if you can provide and fit your own age-appropriate car seat.
- For our Brewery, Pub Lunch and The Cotswolds tour, a ticket must be purchased for persons aged 18 years and over. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to join this tour.
Pick-up times and locations
- For small-group tours, please see the relevant tour information page for details of our free pick-up locations. Pick-up at locations other than those stated may be possible but cannot be guaranteed and are subject to additional charges – please enquire before making your booking.
- For private tours and private vehicle hire, we can pick you up from almost any location(s) you choose. Pick-up points are agreed at the time of booking and reflected in the price. Subsequent changes to the pick-up location(s) may not be possible, or may incur additional fees – please enquire for details.
- It is your responsibility to tell Go Cotswolds where you would like to be picked up from, either at the time of booking, or in good time before the tour.
- It is your responsibility to make your own way to the agreed pick-up location, and to be at the agreed pick-up location on time (we recommend arriving no less than 10 minutes before the advised departure time).
- Go Cotswolds is under no obligation to wait for late passengers. No refund or compensation will be offered if you miss the tour through no fault of our own, including but not limited to ‘sleeping in’, traffic delays, broken down vehicles, or public transport delays/cancellations.
Drop-off times and locations
- For small-group tours, the drop-off location will be the same as your pick-up location, unless otherwise agreed. It is possible to drop you off at one of our other free drop-off locations – please see the relevant tour information pages for details.
- Drop-off at locations other than those stated on our tour information pages may be possible but cannot be guaranteed and are subject to additional charges. Please enquire before making your booking.
- For private tours and private vehicle hire, we can drop you off at almost any location(s) you choose. Drop-off points are agreed at the time of booking and reflected in the price. Subsequent changes to the drop-off location(s) may not be possible, or may incur additional fees – please enquire for details.
- Onward travel from the drop-off point is your responsibility. Go Cotswolds is not liable and will not provide a refund or compensation for missed transportation. If you are travelling by public transport before or after the tour/journey, we recommend you purchase a flexible ticket that does not restrict you to a particular service.
Meeting points during the tour/journey
- Meeting points and departure times during the tour/journey will be communicated to you by your driver/guide. It is your responsibility to be at these locations at the time advised by your driver/guide. Go Cotswolds cannot provide compensation for any other expenses incurred if you miss the pick-up/meeting time through no fault of our own.
- Space is not usually a problem on our vehicles, but please let us know at the time of booking if you intend to bring any large items of luggage (for example, suitcases, sports bags, strollers, foldable wheelchairs/walking aids).
- Small bags and personal items may be kept inside the vehicle, at your own risk. Go Cotswolds accepts no responsibility or liability for any items damaged, lost or stolen during a tour/journey.
- Regretfully, our vehicles are not wheelchair accessible. However, we can usually accommodate persons with most other disabilities, visual impairments and mobility issues. Please see our Access Statement or contact us for further information.
Passenger safety and behaviour
- Passengers over the age of 16 are responsible for their own conduct, and passengers under the age of 16 are the responsibility of their accompanying parent(s)/guardian(s). You indemnify us against any liability for damage caused by you or any members of your party.
- All passengers must wear a seatbelt at all times while the vehicle is moving. Passengers over the age of 14 are responsible for wearing their own seatbelt, and parents/guardians are responsible for ensuring that children under the age of 14 wear a seatbelt. Children under the age of 3 years must be seated in an age-appropriate car seat, which must be supplied and fitted by the parent(s)/guardian(s). Go Cotswolds is not liable for any damage or injury caused as a result of passengers not wearing a seatbelt.
- It is not permitted to eat or carry hot food or drinks, or to drink alcohol on the vehicle at any time. Smoking is not permitted on the vehicle at any time.
- In the event of spillages or damage to the vehicle caused by you or other persons included in your party, a cleaning or repair fee of £50 or the total cost of the repair bill (whichever is the greater) will be invoiced to the party organiser.
- No aggressive, abusive or nuisance behaviour will be tolerated, or any behaviour deemed to be unreasonable by your driver/guide. Go Cotswolds reserves the right to terminate the tour/journey, refuse entry to the vehicle or refuse continued participation of the tour/journey to you (or any member of your party), for any reason, including but not limited to any behaviour deemed to have a negative impact on the enjoyment or safety of other passengers, or to the driver/guide. Go Cotswolds is not liable and will not be held responsible, or provide any compensation, for expenses incurred as a result.
- Our Brewery, Pub Lunch and The Cotswolds tours are strictly for persons over the age of 18. Government-issued photographic identification may be required. If you cannot present suitable ID if asked, Go Cotswolds reserves the right to refuse travel, and is not liable to provide any compensation or refund.
Customer cancellations, no-shows and transfers
- For small-group tours: To cancel your booking and receive a full refund, or to transfer your booking to another date (subject to availability), contact Go Cotswolds by email, telephone, WhatsApp or SMS text message at least 24 hours before your agreed pick-up time. No refunds, full or partial, will be issued for cancellations or transfer requests made within 24 hours of your scheduled departure time, or for no-shows.
- For private tours or private vehicle hire: To cancel your booking, or to transfer your booking to another date(s) (subject to availability), contact Go Cotswolds by email, telephone call or SMS text message at least 14 days before your agreed pick-up time. For cancellations, an administration fee of £50 (per day, for multi-day bookings) will be deducted from your refund. No refunds, full or partial, will be issued for cancellations or transfer requests made within 14 days of your scheduled departure, or for no-shows.
- There is no limit to the number of times you may transfer a booking, but transferred bookings are no longer eligible for a refund.
- Go Cotswolds will not be held responsible, or provide any compensation, for expenses incurred as a result of a customer transfer request, cancellation or no-show. We recommend that you take out appropriate travel insurance.
- Go Cotswolds cannot be held responsible for emails, messages, or voicemails not received within the terms outlined above.
Cancellation or curtailment by Go Cotswolds
- In the unlikely event that a tour/journey is cancelled by Go Cotswolds, we will issue a full refund. Alternatively, subject to availability, you may transfer your tour/journey to a future available date(s).
- In the event of a cancellation by Go Cotswolds, Go Cotswolds will contact you as soon as is practically possible using the telephone number or email address you provided at the time of booking. It is your responsibility to ensure the contact details you provide are suitable and correct.
- In the event that a tour is cut short owing to circumstances beyond our control, Go Cotswolds will refund what is deemed to be a fair proportion of the cost of the tour. Go Cotswolds’ decision is final.
- Go Cotswolds will not be held responsible, or provide any compensation, for other expenses incurred as a result of a cancellation made by us. We recommend that you (and the members of your party) take out appropriate travel insurance.
Accident, injury or loss
- Go Cotswolds is not liable for any accident, injury, delay, loss, damage, inconvenience – direct or consequential, however caused – sustained on the vehicle (owned by Go Cotswolds or its partners) or on a tour/journey unless due to negligence by us, in which case, our liability is limited to compensation to a maximum amount of the price paid for your tour/journey.
Additionally, during a tour/journey, we may, with your verbal consent and knowledge, take photographs of you and/or the members of your party. Photographs remain the property of Go Cotswolds. By agreeing to have your photograph taken you agree that these images may be used for marketing, promotional and/or social media purposes. You may withdraw your consent, in writing, at any time, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following terms and conditions apply to all gift vouchers, and bookings made using gift vouchers, purchased from the Go Cotswolds website.
- Gift voucher coupon codes can only be used once, and are valid for 2 years from the date of purchase.
- Gift vouchers have no cash value and no cash alternative will be offered.
- Except for some gift vouchers issued during the COVID-19 pandemic (please see ‘COVID-19 information’ below), gift vouchers, and bookings made using gift voucher coupon codes, are non-refundable.
- No refund or compensation will be offered for ‘no-show’ bookings made using a gift voucher coupon code.
- Bookings made using gift voucher coupon codes may, upon giving a minimum of 24 hours notice, be transferred to an alternative available date for up to 1 year from the original booking date, or until the voucher expiry date, whichever is the longer.
- You may use a gift voucher as part payment for a larger booking (e.g., you may redeem a voucher for 1 adult on a booking for two adults and pay the remainder by credit/debit card). If you do not use the full value of the voucher in one booking, the remaining value is forfeited (e.g. if you redeem a voucher for 2 adults on a booking for 1 adult, you will not get any ‘change’ or be able to use the remaining voucher value against another future booking).
During the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, our usual customer cancellation and Go Cotswolds cancellation policies apply, as described above.
The following additional terms and conditions apply to all bookings made for tours from August 2020 until further notice:
- If you, or a member of your household has, or has had in the 14 days leading up to your tour/journey, symptoms of possible or confirmed COVID-19 infection (i.e., a new, continuous cough; high temperature/fever, or loss or change in sense of taste and/or smell), you MUST contact us before your tour/journey date, and you MUST NOT participate in the tour/journey.
- At the start of your tour/journey, we will record your temperature using a non-contact infra-red forehead thermometer. If you have a temperature of 37.8°C or higher, this is considered to be a fever and a sign of possible COVID-19 infection. You will therefore not be permitted to participate in the tour/journey and will not be eligible for any refund or transfer.
- If requested, we will share your personal data including your name and telephone number with NHS Test & Trace. This is a legal requirement for the purpose of COVID-19 contact tracing.
- All passengers must sanitise their hands using the hand sanitising gel/spray provided before boarding the vehicle at the start of the tour/journey and each time the vehicle is re-entered after a stop.
- Unless medically exempt, all passengers over the age of 11 must wear a face covering that covers the nose and mouth at all times while on board the vehicle.
- All passengers must keep an appropriate social distance from people who are not in your household, including other passengers, your driver/guide, and members of the public. The appropriate social distance is 1 metre (3 feet) when wearing a face covering or 2 metres (6 feet) without a face covering.
- To enable social distancing on our vehicles, some seats will be clearly marked as ‘out of use’. Passengers will be allocated a seat and should stay in that seat for the duration of the tour.
- Eating or drinking on board the minibus is not permitted during this time.
COVID-19 gift vouchers
If you opted for a Go Cotswolds gift voucher in lieu of a refund for a cancelled tour during the 2020/2021 COVID-19 pandemic, and if you find that you are not able to use the voucher within the 2 year expiry limit, please contact us to arrange for an expiry date extension. Given the exceptional circumstances, we will also be happy to offer a refund for these vouchers if you wish.