- Are you travelling in a larger group of up to 16 people?
- Are you visiting the Cotswolds for the first time, or have only one day to explore the Cotswolds?
Then this private tour is for you!
Our best-selling small group Cotswolds in a Day tour is perfect for solo travellers, couples and smaller groups of friends and family. But if you’re travelling in a larger group, then choose a private Cotswolds in a Day tour instead. You’ll enjoy door-to-door service, more flexible timings, and one of our vehicles and guides all to yourselves!
Most tour companies in the Cotswolds operate under private hire taxi licenses, which means they can legally only drive vehicles with up to 9 seats (including the driver). So if you’re in a larger group of 8 or more people, or even a smaller group with lots of luggage, then you’ll need a larger vehicle.
Go Cotswolds is one of only a few licenced, registered minibus tour companies in Stratford-upon-Avon and the Cotswolds. We can carry up to 16 passengers, and our vehicles have a large storage compartment for all your luggage.
Itinerary for this tour:
After picking you up from your chosen location, we’ll visit the following places in the Cotswolds (timings are approximate and itinerary is subject to variation depending on pick-up location):
- Dover’s Hill (20 minutes). A wonderful viewpoint at the northernmost end of the Cotswold Hills. Take in panoramic countryside views and enjoy an introduction to the Cotswolds, as well as some of our more quirky traditions!
- Chipping Campden (1 hour). Many of the buildings in this beautiful, historic town date from the 14th to the 17th Century. Chipping Campden is also the start point of the famous Cotswold Way trail. Use our unique maps, so you can explore our recommended things to see and do.
- Our ‘secret’ Cotswolds village (20 minutes). This tiny hillside village is off the main tourist trail, but many people agree it’s the highlight of the tour!
- Stow-on-the-Wold (1 hour 10 minutes). A bustling Cotswolds market town, steeped in history and with wonderful independent shops to discover. Don’t miss the famous ‘Tolkien door’! Get a grab-and-go lunch so you’ll have time to explore properly – though the fantastic independent tea rooms and cafes can be hard to resist!
- Bibury (40 minutes). Home to the iconic ‘Arlington Row’ of chocolate-box cottages, tiny Bibury has been described as “the prettiest village in England”, so will you agree?
- Bourton-on-the-Water (45 minutes). A beautiful village where pretty Cotswold stone bridges cross the crystal waters of the River Windrush.
Pick up/drop-off locations:
We can pick you up from hotels, guest houses, holiday homes, private addresses and train stations in the following towns:
- Stratford-upon-Avon (CV37 postcodes)
- Moreton-in-Marsh (GL56 postcodes)
- Broadway (WR12 postcodes)
- Chipping Campden (GL55 postcodes)
- Bourton-on-the-Water (GL54 postcodes) +£50
- Leamington Spa (CV31 and CV32 postcodes) +£50
- Lower/Upper Slaughter (GL54 postcodes) +£50
- Stow-on-the-Wold (GL54 postcodes) +£50
- Banbury (OX15 & OX16 postcodes) +£150
- Birmingham (B1-B19 postcodes) +£150
- Cheltenham (GL50 postcodes) +£150
- Coventry (CV1-CV6 postcodes) +£150
- Oxford (OX1 & OX2 postcodes) +£150
- Tetbury (GL8 postcodes) +£150
You will be able to select your preferred departure point and let us know the precise address as you complete the booking process.
One pick-up/drop-off location is included in the price of the tour. For multiple pick-ups/drop-offs, or for pick-up in one place and drop-off at another, please contact us before booking. Additional fees may apply.
If your preferred departure point is not listed, please contact us before booking to ask about prices and availability.
Visiting from London?
Due to our distance from London, we’re not usually able to pick up and drop off in London in one day.
If you’re looking for a day trip from London, please consider taking the train* from London Paddington to Moreton-in-Marsh instead! It’s more environmentally friendly and it’s a nicer, more scenic journey than by road. You’ll also get to spend more time in the Cotswolds and less time stuck in London traffic!
Alternatively, why not travel the day before your tour and spend a night or two in Stratford-upon-Avon or the Cotswolds?
We usually suggest a pick up time of 09.30, and a drop-off time of 16.30.
As this is a private tour, we can be a little flexible, so please ask before booking if you wish to make any changes to the timings or itinerary.
- Private tour, just for you, your friends and family (up to 16 people, including any children and babies)
- Door-to-door pick up from selected locations (see above)
- Exclusive hire of one of our executive class, air-conditioned/heated 16-seater Mercedes minibuses
- Expert insights from one of our fun, friendly, local driver-guides
- Plenty of free time, so you can explore several places in the Cotswolds in one day.
- Maps and information highlighting our recommended things to see and do at each stop, so you can make the most of your free time
What’s not included?
- Entrance fees to any visitor attractions you may wish to visit during the day.
- Lunch and refreshments – to make the most of your day, we suggest you purchase food and drinks on the day, or bring your own. Please note that for groups of 6 or more, many restaurants require pre-booking, pre-ordering, and sometimes a non-refundable deposit too. We can help make arrangements for you if you wish. However, bear in mind that a sit-in meal takes time for larger groups, so this may mean we need to omit or reduce some stops on the itinerary.
Prefer a shared tour, or a custom private tour?
This private tour is based on our small group Cotswolds in a Day tour. It follows a route, which we have curated over the years, to provide a fantastic overview of the Cotswolds in one day. If you’re short on time and would like a private tour for your group of up to 16 people, then this is the tour for you!
If you’re travelling alone, in a couple, or in a smaller group, then one of our shared, small group tours may be more cost-effective for you.
Cancellation policy, terms and conditions:
Private tours may be cancelled or amended up to 14 days before departure. Cancellations made at least 14 days before the tour are refundable, minus the non-refundable £50 booking fee. No refunds are given for tours cancelled within 14 days of departure.
Click here for our full Terms and Conditions.