- Are visits to Bath and Stonehenge on your bucket list?
- Visiting the Cotswolds alone, with a partner, or a small group?
- Looking for an affordable, car-free option?
Then our Bath & Stonehenge tour is for you!
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly, shared small-group guided tour then look no further than Go Cotswolds – we’re one of the ONLY tour companies in and around the Cotswolds who can meet this need. On our brand NEW Bath & Stonehenge tour, you’ll visit two UNESCO World Heritage Sites in one day!
Our Bath & Stonehenge tour is fantastic as a stand-alone tour, but is also great paired with one or more of our other small group tours. Add our ‘Cotswolds in a Day‘ tour, or our ‘Secret Cotswolds‘ tour for a fantastic two-day itinerary – or even do all three!
Itinerary for the Bath & Stonehenge tour:
After joining the tour in either Stratford-upon-Avon (8.30AM) or Moreton-in-Marsh (9.00AM), you’ll travel in comfort and style through the narrow country lanes of the beautiful Cotswolds. It takes around 1 hour to travel between Moreton-in-Marsh and Bath, where the tour officially begins (timings are approximate and may vary):
- The Royal Crescent, Bath (15 minutes). After a beautifully scenic drive through the Cotswolds countryside, you’ll arrive in the UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath. Enjoy our first photo stop at the impressive Royal Crescent, hailed as “the greatest example of Georgian architecture anywhere in the UK”.
- Bath city centre (2 hours 15 minutes). In the centre of Bath, we’ll drop you off near the world famous Bath Abbey and Roman Baths. Join your Go Cotswolds guide for a 45 minute walking tour (optional), and enjoy free time to explore this wonderful, compact city and take lunch at your leisure. Get a grab-and-go lunch so you’ll have time to explore properly – though the fantastic tea rooms and cafes can be hard to resist!
- Stonehenge (1 hour 45 minutes). Undoubtedly one of the world’s most important prehistoric landmarks, the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Stonehenge is so much more than just a bunch of old rocks! At the visitor centre, fantastic multimedia displays and a reconstruction of a neolithic village will inspire you with stories of the people who lived here 4000 years ago. There’s a shuttle bus to view the stones, which come alive as you listen to the audioguide.
- From Stonehenge, it takes around 2 hours to get back to Moreton-in-Marsh, and a further 30 minutes to return to Stratford-upon-Avon. You’ll probably be tired after all your exploring, so sit back and relax!
Please note: Admission to Stonehenge is not included in the price of the Go Cotswolds tour. Why? Admission fees to Stonehenge vary depending on your age, the season and day of the week. There are also special rates for students, seniors, family groups and tour groups, and free entry for National Trust or English heritage members. Therefore, to ensure you get the best price, we’ll book your tickets in advance and collect payment from you on the day of the tour. Please bring cash or a payment card and budget for an extra £12-18 for children and £20-28 per adult.
If you are a member of either The National Trust or English Heritage, please bring your membership card to qualify for FREE entry to Stonehenge.
Pick up times and locations:
- 08.30: Stratford-upon-Avon – Shakespeare’s Birthplace Coach Terminal, Windsor Street, Stratford-upon-Avon
- 09.00: Moreton-in-Marsh – Moreton-in-Marsh train station (wait in the car park near the ticket office)
If you would like to change your pick up point after booking, you can do so using the ‘Manage this booking’ link in your confirmation email, or by contacting Go Cotswolds. If you’re not sure which pick up point to choose, please ask!
Drop-off times and locations:
- 18.15 – Moreton-in-Marsh train station
- 18.45 – Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare’s Birthplace Coach Terminal
If you would like to be picked up in Stratford-upon-Avon and dropped off in Moreton-in-Marsh, or vice versa, no problem!
From London (Paddington station), Reading, Oxford, Charlbury, Kingham, Honeybourne, Evesham or Worcester, take a direct train to Moreton-in-Marsh. We’ll pick you up from right outside Moreton-in-Marsh train station.
From Birmingham, take a direct train to Stratford-upon-Avon – our pick up point is just a 5-10 minute walk from Stratford-upon-Avon train station. (See this Google Map for walking directions.)
We always recommend you buy a flexible ‘anytime’ ticket that allows you to take any train. The times stated above are usually the latest we expect to get to the drop-off points – we are often a few minutes earlier, but we can never 100% guarantee this. If you have a flexible ticket, then you can take an earlier train and won’t have to wait around.
However, if you wish to book a particular train to take advantage of cheaper ‘advance single’ tickets, then we recommend you plan to depart after the drop-off times stated above.
We recommend The Trainline* for online train ticket bookings. Book tickets 6-8 weeks ahead of the travel date for the best prices.
What to wear?
Please dress in comfortable clothes that are appropriate for the weather conditions. Bring a raincoat or umbrella if it’s raining, and a hat, water and sunscreen if it’s hot. Wear comfortable shoes.
What’s included in the Bath & Stonehenge tour?
- Transport in an executive class, air-conditioned 16-passenger seat Mercedes minibus.
- Plenty of free time, so you can explore Bath and Stonehenge in one day.
- A 45-minute walking tour of Bath city to discover the highlights
- Souvenir booklets containing maps, photographs and information. We’ve highlighted our recommended things to see and do at each stop, so you can make the most of your free time.
- Expert insights from one of our fun, friendly driver-guides.
What’s not included in the Bath & Stonehenge tour?
- Lunch and refreshments – bring your own picnic, or purchase food and drinks at the stops on the tour.
- Admission to Stonehenge. If you wish to visit Stonehenge, we’ll book your tickets in advance and collect payment from you on the day of the tour. This ensures you will get the best possible price.
Cancellation policy, terms and conditions:
Our Bath & Stonehenge tour may be amended, or cancelled for a full refund, up to 24 hours before departure. No refunds are given for no-shows or cancellations made within 24 hours of the tour start time.
We’re sorry, children under 3 are not permitted on this tour.
Click here for our Terms and Conditions.