With Go Cotswolds, you can take an affordable day trip from Reading
Planning a visit to Reading, or studying at the University of Reading? Why not discover the countryside and beautiful rural villages outside of the city? Take a tour of the Cotswolds on a day trip from Reading!
5 reasons to take a Go Cotswolds day trip from Reading
1. It’s so easy to take a day trip from Reading – and car-free!
You don’t need a car to join a Go Cotswolds tour from Reading – simply hop on the train at Reading station. You’ll soon be whizzing through the beautiful English countryside by train. In just 1 hour, you’ll arrive in the pretty Cotswold market town of Moreton-in-Marsh.
Here, from right outside Moreton-in-Marsh station, your Go Cotswolds tour guide will pick you up in one of our luxury, air-conditioned minibuses. All our tours depart from Moreton-in-Marsh station at 09.30. We can drop you back here at the end of the day too.
2. Have a great time, and save money – our guided tours are fun, friendly and affordable
There are some tour guides who can offer you a private tour of the Cotswolds from Reading, but with a price tag of £400+ per day, this can be an expensive day out. Solo travellers or couples on a budget don’t always have that sort of money, so small group tours like ours are ideal!
If you take a Go Cotswolds tour, then you’ll visit the best spots in the Cotswolds in a day. We have a maximum group size of just 16 people and our prices start from just £58.30 per adult (2023 prices). With one of our friendly local guides to show you around, you’ll feel like you’re sightseeing with friends.
3. See Stratford-upon-Avon and the Cotswolds in one short break
Come for the Cotswolds, stay for the Shakespeare! Rather than just a day trip from Reading, why not make a short break of it and combine your trip with a stay in Stratford-upon-Avon too?
- Take the train from Reading to Moreton-in-Marsh for one of our tours, and bring your luggage with you.
- Take one of our award-winning day tours of the Cotswolds – we have a large luggage compartment on our minibuses, so storing your bags during the tour is no problem at all.
- At the end of the tour, instead of dropping you back at Moreton-in-Marsh, we can drop you off in the centre of Stratford-upon-Avon instead. We’re a local company based in Stratford-upon-Avon, so there’s no extra charge!
To get back to Reading, take the train from Stratford-upon-Avon and change at Leamington Spa.
4. Support a local, family-run business – we know our stuff!
Tom has lived in the Stratford area all his life, and even went to the same school as William Shakespeare himself. (However, he would like it to be known that he was not there at the same time…!) With active, outdoorsy parents, Tom grew up with the Cotswolds as his ‘back yard’, so he knows it like the back of his hand.
We work with a small team of fantastic guides, who all live in the local area too. So, when you book a tour direct with Go Cotswolds, you’re contributing to a family business and supporting the local economy.
5. Come back and see us again! Different tours make different experiences
We have 2 different small group tours of the Cotswolds available, and we have more routes planned for the future. If you visit often, then you can take a different day trip from Reading and have different experiences each time.