**Gift vouchers now available! Click here for more details and to book.**
A brewery and Cotswolds pub tour!
The first Saturday of every month.
Next tour: Saturday 2nd of March.
- Transport all day – pick up and drop off points in Stratford-upon-Avon, Leamington Spa, Warwick or Warwick Parkway Station (see below for times and pick up points).
- Award winning tour and tasting at Purity Brewery plus an opportunity to stock up on the wide range of beers in their famous shop.
- Lunch and a pint of beer (or a soft drink) at a country pub.
- Stop at the Cotswolds town of Chipping Campden where there is a choice of five pubs serving a wide range of local, national and international beers.
- Stop at a further pub in a small Cotswolds village.
£55 per person.
How can I book?
Click through to the bookings page to book your seats.
We will pick you up in the Go Cotswolds minibus from one of the locations listed below before giving you a rundown of the day in store. The minibus can seat up to 16 people and – provided we have the space – you’re welcome (encouraged in fact!) to stock up with beer from the Purity shop.
We visit at least three pubs after the brewery, but at a leisurely pace, allowing you ample time to sample more than one drink at each location if you wish.
Pick up times:
09.30 Stratford-upon-Avon town centre (Wood Street bus stop – Natwest Bank side)
10.00 Leamington Spa (bus stop outside Pizza Express at the bottom of The Parade)
10.15 Warwick (bus station, Bowling Green Street)
10.25 Warwick Parkway station (National Express bus stop)
Approximate drop off times (latest times):
18.00 Stratford-upon-Avon town centre (Wood Street bus stop)
18.15 Warwick Parkway station+ (bus stop)
18.30 Warwick (bus station, Bowling Green Street)
18.45 Leamington Spa (bus stop at the bottom of The Parade)
The Warwick Parkway pick up and drop off times are designed to coincide with the arrival and departure of trains from both Birmingham and London, meaning it’s easily achievable in a day from either location.
Train departure times to meet tour
09.15 Train departs Birmingham Moor Street for Warwick Parkway (arrives 9.38)
08.40 Train departs London Marylebone for Warwick Parkway (arrives 10.05)
Train departure times from Warwick Parkway post tour
18.33 Train departs for Birmingham Moor Street/Snow Hill (arrives Moor Street 18.58, Snow Hill 19.07)
18.39 Train departs for London Marylebone (arrives Marylebone 20.16)
Train times correct at time of publication (January 2019) – please check train times prior to travel on nationalrail.co.uk.
Purity Brewery Tour – 11.00am
Purity Brewery is an award-winning craft brewery based on a farm in the beautiful Warwickshire countryside. Established in 2005 by two beer-loving friends they now employ over 35 people and have a selection of beers and lagers that can now be found all over the country. The tour of the brewery and its unique wetlands system lasts approximately 90 minutes and includes the sampling of their beers at the end of the tour. You will also have the opportunity to stock up on beer in the brewery shop!
Golden Cross Lunch – 1.15pm
After sampling their excellent beer and chatting to the guide at the brewery we’ll then take the short trip through the Warwickshire country lanes to the awesome Golden Cross in Ardens Grafton.
The Golden Cross has been renowned for its food, beer and amiable staff for many years and has recently been refurbished. Lunch will be taken outside (if the weather is warm enough) or in the bar (if it’s not) and the menu currently has the following delicious options to choose from:
- (gf) Bombardier Cod Bombardier batter, mushy peas & hand cut chips
- (gf) Hunters Chicken Chargrilled chicken breast, bacon, cheddar & BBQ sauce, crispy salad and a choice of chips, mash or new potatoes
- (gf) Sizzler Sausages Three homemade pork sausages, buttered mash, peas & proper beef dripping gravy
- Ham & Eggs Ham, fried eggs & hand cut chips
- Beef or (v) Vegetarian Lasagne Served with chips or garlic bread
- Steak & Ale Pie Our homemade pie finished with shortcrust pastry, served with peas & a choice of chips, mash or new potatoes
- Golden Cross Famous Faggots Creamy mash, mushy peas & proper beef gravy
- (gf) Cheese & Bacon Burger Served with chips & slaw
- (v) Nacho Burger Served with, salsa, sour cream, guacamole dips & chips
- Steak & Onion Sandwich topped with friend onions on Ciabatta, brown or white bread
- Fish Finger Sandwich Beer battered cod goujons topped with tartar sauce and salad
- (v) Caesar Salad Romaine lettuce topped with croutons, parmesan cheese, drizzled with creamy Caesar dressing
- (v) Margarita Pizza Cheese and tomato classic
- (v) Halloumi & Pepper Pizza With red onion jam
(V) Vegegarian, (GF) gluten free.
We will take your lunch order before the brewery tour and phone it through so that it will be ready soon after we arrive at the pub. Lunch and one beer (or soft drink if you wish) is included in the price of the tour. If you’ve a particularly big appetite you can order extras at the bar when you arrive such as cheesy chips, bread and onion rings. If that’s not enough then you’ll still have ample time to sample the cracking dessert menu (extras and dessert not included in the price of the tour).
We’ll leave the Golden Cross at around 2.15pm and head out into the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The drive to our next location will take about 25 minutes and on the way you’ll have the opportunity to see quite how outstanding and beautiful it is.
Chipping Campden is our next stop which has a choice of 5 excellent pubs. The Chipping Campden stop is for over an hour and a half and we will provide maps for those wishing to take a look around this historic Cotswold town. For those wishing to focus on the beer sampling the pubs are also clearly marked on the map! It’s imperative that you arrive back in time at the pick up location though as we will leave without you.
From Chipping Campden we’ll head off into the hills to find at least one more pub. There are plenty, which have all been thoroughly researched over the years! After we’ve finished at around 5.30pm we’ll then leave this amazing part of the world and head back to reality.
**Please note: over 18s only. Photographic ID may be required to enter brewery/pubs. Go Cotswolds will not provide a refund if entry to any venue is refused. Tours operate with a minimum of 6 people, group bookings welcome, discounts available for groups of 10 or more booking together. Tours available on other Saturdays for private groups, please contact us for prices and availability.**