I’ve been working on Go Cotswolds since November – practically full time – and everything is now falling into place slowly but surely.
It’s taken it’s time as I’ve slowly come to terms with the enormity of the undertaking and worked out which direction I wanted it to go in – both physically and metaphorically!
Now though it’s nearly time to actually begin what I’ve been talking about for so long. So here’s goes.. here’s what Go Cotswolds will be introducing to begin with:
- Guided tours of the Cotswolds on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays in a 16 passenger seat minibus from Stratford-upon-Avon (other pick points available on request).
- Minibus available for chartered tours and/or private hire on other days.
- An approximate 80 mile/6-7 hour scenic tour of the North Cotswolds.
- Live tour commentary provided by your jovial driver guide* over a PA system and at stops en route.
- Departure from Stratford-upon-Avon at approximately 10am from accommodation providers, transport hubs or a single town centre location.
- Visits to and stop offs at a variety of Cotswolds towns, villages, viewing spots and attractions including Chipping Campden, Broadway Tower, The Slaughters, Bourton-on-the-Water, Stow-on-the-Wold and the Rollright Stones.
- An optional short walk.
- Opportunity to challenge your guide to a bout of the traditional Cotswoldian game of shin kicking.
- Cream tea on the way home (tbc)
- Drop off in Stratford-upon-Avon at approximately 4.30-5pm.
What the commentary will consist of
All sorts; from the historical to the social to the geographical to the mysterious, it’s a cheerful narrative that involves a number of different things including Isambard Kingdom Brunel, the Devil, sheep and actress Renee Zellweger.
Hope that’s whet your appetite!
£35pp for adults and £25pp for children under the age of 16.
Charter and private hire prices available on request.
First commercial tour is pencilled in for Sunday the 28th of June 2014.
Trial tours and promotional tours will be taking place in the weekends and evenings leading up to the 28th. Keep an eye on the blog for further details!