One day in the Cotswolds is not enough, but…
… for many people, one day in the Cotswolds is all they can spare.
Perhaps you are taking a day trip from your busy life in London. Are you passing through on a tour of the UK? Or maybe you’re taking a short break somewhere close to the Cotswolds, like Stratford-upon-Avon, Oxford or Birmingham?
Whatever your reasons, our ‘Cotswolds in a Day’ tour was created for people just like you!
Can you really see it all with just one day in the Cotswolds?
Well, no, not really! In truth, you could spend weeks, months, or even years discovering all that the Cotswolds has to offer. After all, at almost 800 square miles (over 2000 square kilometres), it’s the largest Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in the UK! There are over 150 towns and villages to explore.
But, if one day in the Cotswolds is all you have, make it count! Don’t simply drive through, or wander aimlessly – spend your day with a local Go Cotswolds guide who will help you get the most out of your day.
You won’t see everything on our Cotswolds in a Day tour, but you will see some of the best spots, and get a great overview of the what the Cotswolds is all about. Hopefully it will make you want to come back and spend longer here next time!
Highlights of our Cotswolds in a Day tour
People usually come to the Cotswolds for two things: 1) cute Cotswold villages, and 2) beautiful English countryside. If you have just one day in the Cotswolds, make sure you see the best of both! Our Cotswolds in a Day tour is ideal. Here’s what’s included…
After picking you up from Stratford-upon-Avon or Moreton-in-Marsh, the tour begins at Dover’s Hill. Situated high on the Cotswold Hills escarpment, here you’ll enjoy wide, panoramic views over the beautiful Vale of Evesham and beyond. It’s the perfect place to learn about the history of the Cotswolds and some of its more quirky traditions, too!
It’s no secret that charming Chipping Campden is one of our favourite little towns in the Cotswolds. Here, you’ll have an hour of free time to explore, using the maps we’ve created for you to point out some of our favourite places and points of interest.
Our ‘secret’ Cotswolds village
This picture-perfect Cotswolds village is off the main tourist trail, but many people agree it is the highlight of the tour! You’ll have to join us on a tour to see if you agree!
A bustling Cotswolds market town, Stow-on-the-Wold is full of wonderful shops, restaurants and cafes. It also has a fascinating history, literary links, and is home to England’s oldest pub (so they say!). We arrive here around lunch time, giving you the perfect excuse to try one of Stow’s many excellent eateries, or grab a takeaway so you have more time to explore.
The darling ‘Arlington Row’ of chocolate-box cottages is the stand-out attraction in pretty little Bibury. Artist William Morris once described it as “the most beautiful village in England”. Will you agree?
One day in the Cotswolds just wouldn’t be complete without a visit to the so-called ‘Venice of the Cotswolds’. Yes, in summer, it can get busy in Bourton-on-the-Water, but with very good reason – it’s absolutely gorgeous! With our maps in hand, you’ll have some free time here to explore the village, criss-crossing the pretty river running right through the middle of it.
Why take a tour if you only have one day in the Cotswolds?
- Local knowledge and inside information – unlike some other guided tour companies, our guides have all lived and worked in the Cotswolds for many years. We’ll show you our Cotswolds, the Cotswolds we know and love.
- We take away the guess work – with over 150 towns and villages in the Cotswolds, you simply can’t see them all in a day. But, our picks will give you a great overview of what the region is all about.
- Affordable for solo travellers and couples – it can be expensive to hire a car or a private guide for the day. Our small, mixed group tours start from just £58.30 per person (2023 price), making one day in the Cotswolds an affordable day trip option.
- Go car-free in the Cotswolds – we’ll pick you up from the centre of Stratford-upon-Avon, or from the train station in Moreton-in-Marsh. So, if you’re visiting for the day, or a short break, you can leave the car at home.
- Leave the driving to us – the narrow country lanes of the Cotswolds can be tricky to navigate, so leave the driving in the very capable, qualified hands of our expert driver-guides. We know the back routes too, to take you off the beaten path.